pfSense® the definitve guide to the Open Source Firewall and Router Distribution is now available on OSNet.eu and can be added with any online order.
Authored by pfSense developer Chris Buechler and pfSense consultant Jim Pingle, The Definitive Guide to pfSense® covers installation and basic configuration through advanced networking and firewalling of the popular open source firewall and router distribution.
This book is designed to be a friendly step-by-step guide to common networking and security tasks, plus a thorough reference of pfSense®'s capabilities. The Definitive Guide to pfSense covers the following topics:
- An introduction to pfSense® software and its features.
- Hardware and system planning.
- Installing and upgrading pfSense.
- Using the web-based configuration interface.
- Backup and restoration.
- Firewalling fundamentals and defining and troubleshooting rules.
- Port forwarding and Network Address Translation.
- General networking and routing configuration.
- Bridging, Virtual LANs (VLANs), and Multi-WAN.
- Virtual Private Networks using IPsec, PPTP, and OpenVPN.
- Traffic shaping and load balancing.
- Wireless networking and captive portal setups.
- Redundant firewalls and High Availability.
- Various network related services.
- System monitoring, logging, traffic analysis, sniffing, packet capturing, and troubleshooting.
- Software package and third-party software installations and upgrades.
At the end of this book, you'll find a menu guide with the standard menu choices available in pfSense and a detailed index.
Table of content : PDF